You know, I don't say that I "hate" many thing.. But the sight of my rental car today, the much coveted Chevrolet Cobalt elicited just such a reaction. It gave me the urge to create a list of things that are tragically wrong with this car and why it's reflection on GM is dire, to say the least..
</gripe>
- This car is ugly. Not just "a face only a mother could love" ugly, but "hit so many times with ugly stick that they broke the stick" ugly. If I were a line worker for GM and was asked to build this car, I think I would quit. Every ounce of pride I would have in my work would cease at the site of this thing.
- The car is unsafe. The side view mirrors are not only hideously ugly, but they also do an excellent job of helping you see as little as possible behind the vehicle. Always nice when you are on I-95 and need to change 3 lanes at a time. This thing has a blindspot the size of a city bus and these mirrors do an amazingly good job of making sure that you'll hit something if your don't do a shoulder check.
- The engine has less pickup than my lawn mower. Seriously, cranking cars manually went out with the Model-A. I realize that the idea was good fuel economy, but I've seen lawn equipment with more torque.
- Did I mention that it bares a striking resemblance to the south end of a northbound mule?
</gripe>

No comments:
Post a Comment