Powered By Blogger

Twitter Feed

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Wireless Problems No More!

Newegg.com - TRENDnet TEW-633GR 802.11n Wireless Gigabit Router
I was a little bit hesitant to buy this Wireless N Gigabit (yes, Gigabit) router from Amazon.com for $51.99 last week... I mean, $51.99? TRENDnet? Wireless-N 300Mbps? Sounds too good to be true... well, as it turns out, Christmas miracles do happen! This little black box is 'da bomb, and TRENDnet is my new favorite networking gear brand! The price is back up to $84.99 on both Amazon and Newegg, but it is a STEAL for $51.99 when it goes on-sale again.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I have to comment on my own post. Damn, this thing is sweet. The GUI blows away anything I've ever seen from Linksys, D-Link, or Netgear. Yup, I had them all.

Note to my fellow nerds reading this: for maximum wireless security, choose WPA-2 with AES. Turns out the guy who cracked 128-bit WEP in under 60 seconds can crack WPA TKIP too (just with a little more effort)...

Chris said...

Nice.. I've been using my TrendNet 24-port Gig-E switch for months now and it has been solid.. The fans are crazy loud, but otherwise it is a nice piece of kit. I think it cost me less than $200, which is ridiculously cheap for a rackmount 24-port Gig-E switch.. I might look into this router at some point.. I have 802.11n on my laptop and I could use the extra speed for file transfers to the server..

Unknown said...

I actually don't have any wireless-N devices in use now - but everything else at 802.11g now hums along perfectly and at the same speed as my desktop (6.5mbps download). The wireless range is the most obvious improvement. That, and the router glows orange and green and looks like a monster.