Powered By Blogger

Twitter Feed

Monday, May 5, 2008

grow your own

So I've been working on another hobby in the last few months that has exceeded my expectations....hydroponics. No, not the Ganja relate activity. I found a design that I thought I would try on Hydroron's site. It's an Ebb and Flow design and its pretty easy to make. I just fill up the reservoir with organic nutrients and let it rip. I only check it about every week or so, which is great for a traveler like myself. I have been rewarded with more Basil, Chives, Parsley and Thyme than I know what to do with. That being said, I found it is too easy to grow your own food, and it tastes much better than the Publix stuff. I am expanding the operation to include Cucumbers, Tomatoes and Bell Peppers.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

SHOW ME PICTURES!!!!!!!!!!!

Daus said...

Sure man, I try to take some soon. Tomatoes have mutuated into these giants...who knew this stuff worked that well?

Over memorial day weekend, I planted (3) "Square foot gardens". They were 4' x 4' and 2' x 4' . Radishes, lettuce, cucumbers and bell peppers are amond the things planted.

An engineer designed this planting method to maximize food production.