Powered By Blogger

Twitter Feed

Thursday, October 18, 2007

Broward County - Library

Broward County - Library

How many of us actually use the library? With Google at our fingertips, I almost forgot about the library. Recently, I obtained a library card...for the heck of it. If you want a book, just request it and you get it - FREE to check out. Heck, I found most up to date books in the library that I would normally buy at Barnes and Noble.

I need a new range hood for my stove. I wondered if I could find Consumer Reports at the library. Well, I found it for free and ONLINE. ConsumerReports.org makes you pay $29 for a years subscription.

When you get into the library, you get access to multiple databases of archived material. I thought Google was my answer to all the info in the world. Wrong. Get a library card and get access to all sorts of information Google won't get you....for free.

2 comments:

Daus said...

UPDATE: I found out the Dell 22" widescreen mentioned earlier in the blog is a Consumer Reports best buy through the library.

Unknown said...

Tis all true. Sandra utilizes our Orange County library system almost weekly. You can go to their website and check a book out - and get this - they SHIP it to you for free. You don't even need to leave your house. Then to return it, we just swing by a drive-thru drop box.

Google is great, but I really think we're not avoiding other resources such as the library. How many times do you even look beyond the first few hits in a Google search? I rarely look beyond the first page.

Good post!